In Universe Attributes
Real World Information
Jurassic Park is the world in which the films Jurassic Park, The Lost World: Jurassic Park, Jurassic Park III and Jurassic World, and Jurassic Park: The Game (set at the same time as the original film) take place, anchored by paleontologist Alan Grant. By outward appearances, it is mostly identical to the Hub, but is home to a theme park where dinosaurs were re-created (and modified) in the 1990s. The novel versions of Jurassic Park and The Lost World are a somewhat common, but highly disliked, variant.
The Anchor, Alan Grant, was chosen via coin toss by the Loop's admin, Artemis (the other option was Ian Malcom). He was disoriented by his first Loop, and died quickly, angering Artemis, who chewed him out and advised him to try doing different things, such as getting the park running smoothly. Later, Alan met his first Looper: Darth Velocius, a Force-using Velociraptor and Dark Lord of the Sith, who killed him. Angered again, Artemis put him to work helping her get the Prehistoric Park Loops up and running, which they succeeded in. Despite this, Alan had few, if any, Fused Loops, remaining within his baseline with the occasional variant Loop for the most part.
Later on, after the Jurassic World expansion occurred, Artemis saw an opportunity to create another Looping dinosaur and tampered with the coding of the Tyrannosaurus Rex that was active during the events of Jurassic Park and Jurassic World, allowing her to Loop and gradually gain sapience over the course of many, many Loops. After meeting the Looper Godzilla, "Rexy" learned what was going on, adapted the name "Roxanne", or "Roxy" for short, and began trying to make contact with Alan, who reacted with hostility. Eventually, the two made their peace.
Around this time, additional Loopers began being activated, ending Jurassic Park's mostly isolated status and bringing it into the greater Looping multiverse.
Jurassic Park is operated by Artemis, the Greek goddess of wild animals, hunting and maidens. Compared to other admins, she is somewhat more upfront with her first loop's anchor Alan Grant, usually to complain when he gets killed. Tends to resort to nasty threats to get him to do what she wants. She broke the rules by tampering with the source code of some of her Loops' residents, allowing certain dinosaurs to become sapient and start Looping. Eventually, she was assigned to work with Ardwinna, the Celtic Goddess of animals, who was chosen to keep her in line and keep her from activating more dinosaurs (such as the Spinosaurus and Indominus Rex, both of which she displayed an interest in activating), much to her annoyance. Ardwinna eventually got Artemis's old companion Orion, one of the few men she'd ever respected, assigned to their office, which has helped improve Artemis's mood and inter-office relationships.
In addition to Jurassic Park and Prehistoric Park, Artemis is also in charge of the Nanosaur, Primal Carnage and Tales From the Nightside Loops. Ardwinna is assigned to the Loop for A Dinosaur Named Minerva. The two also tend to work with another Admin, Mitra (Vedic goddess of truth and friendship, and Admin for The Land Before Time and Dinotopia Loops), on a regular basis due to the number of Fused Loops their Loopers have together.
- Alan Grant - paleontologist and generally cranky Anchor of the Jurassic Park Loops.
- Darth Velocius - A Force-sensitive Velociraptor, he originated from a Loop where Bariss Offee had Looped in on Isla Sorna/Site B, discovered the local dinosaurs were Force-sensitive, and took it upon herself to train them. When she was killed by the Spinosaurus, one of her students fell to the Dark Side… and somehow, began Looping. Pops up from time to time.
- Roxanne "Roxy" Hammond" - Tyrannosaurus rex from the original film, who reappeared in Jurassic World. Eventually found her place in the Loops, becoming the mate of Godzilla and adoptive daughter of the Looping John Hammond, and runs the Mobius Inn, a hotel for Loopers that includes such branches as Valhalla Restaurant, Triassic Tea and Coffee, Nexus Plaza and Jurassic Juice and Smoothie.
- Owen Grady - An employee of Jurassic World who managed to train and become the "Alpha" of a squad of Velociraptors.
- John Hammond - Creator of Jurassic Park and adoptive father of Roxanne "Roxy" Hammond. He was horrified at how wrong things went in baseline, and has taken steps to prevent them in the Loops where he's Awake.
- Ian Malcolm - A mathematician at the Santa Fe Institute who specializes in chaos theory. He was one of two Anchor candidates for Jurassic Park, but was passed over in favor of Alan Grant. Has decided to improve the Ping (a signal that Loopers can send out that essentially says "Looper is Awake", but gives no other information), but his attempts only succeed in creating embarrassing, annoying or dangerous effects, which tend to irritate his fellow Loopers. (And per author declaration, he'll never succeed in creating the kind of Ping he initially set out to make.)
- Robert Muldoon - The original Jurassic Park's game warden.
- Eric Kirby - A twelve-year-old dinosaur enthusiast who becomes stranded on infamous Isla Sorna after a parasailing accident; central character of Jurassic Park III. Due to his baseline experience, he isn't too fond of Spinosauruses.
- Claire Dearing - A park operations manager at Jurassic World. Owen's girlfriend, and aunt of Zachary "Zach" Mitchell and his younger brother Gray, neither of whom have been activated as Loopers yet.
- Blue, Echo, Charlie and Delta - The four members of Owen Grady's trained Velociraptor pack, who view him as their Alpha and father. They were activated by Ardwinna, and were first seen Looping into The Lego Movie, gaining human-level intelligence as a result. Due to its Anchor Emmet Brickowski being in Owen's role, they began referring to him as their "other daddy". All four have crushes on Nano/Konani, Anchor for the Nanosaur Loops.
- Jessica "Jess" Marie Harding - A character from Jurassic Park: The Game, daughter of Gerry Harding (a veterinarian from the original Jurassic Park) and younger half-sister of Sarah Harding (who was introduced in The Lost World: Jurassic Park).
- Alexis "Lex" Murphy - Granddaughter of John Hammond and older sister of Tim Murphy. A skilled hacker. The siblings were activated through a Loop with Dinotopia, where their grandfather explained the situation to them.
- Timothy "Tim" Murphy - Grandson of John Hammond and younger brother of Lex Murphy. Dinosaur enthusiast.
- Ellen "Ellie" Sattler - major character from Jurassic Park, a paleobotanist and the partner/girlfriend of Dr. Alan Grant.
- Sarah Harding - major character from The Lost World and The Lost World: Jurassic Park; has varying personalities depending on the media. In both versions, she had an unsuccessful romantic relationship with Ian Malcom. Her half-sister Jess is already Looping.
- Kelly Curtis/Malcom - Ian Malcom's pre-teen daughter by an unidentified woman. She appeared in The Lost World: Jurassic Park, and accompanied the team to Isla Sorna/Site B, where she saved her father by using her gymnastics skills to kick a velociraptor through a window, sending it to its death when it was impaled on a metal bar below.
- Zachary "Zach" Mitchell: Claire's eldest nephew, he and his younger brother came to visit Jurassic World, only to get caught up in the Indominus' rampage.
- Gray Mitchell: Claire's younger nephew and a dinosaur enthusiast, he and his older brother came to visit Jurassic World, only to get caught up in the Indominus' rampage.
- Spinosaurus: The apex predator of Isla Sorna, it appeared in Jurassic Park III, where it fought a male Tyrannosaurus Rex and killed it. Artemis expressed interest in activating it as a Looper, but was blocked.
- Indominus Rex: Created by Henry Wu as a possible military weapon in Jurassic World, this hybrid of Tyrannosaurus, Velociraptor and other ancient and modern predators served as the main antagonist of that film after it escaped its pen. In the climax of its rampage, it fought Roxanne, Blue and her fellow raptors, and was ultimately killed when it came in range of the Mosasaurus tank and was snatched by the larger and hungrier predator. Artemis expressed interest in activating it as a Looper, but was blocked.