Looping Twins is a term used to denote that two (or possibly more) Loopers are in fact distinct entities though they often share a physical appearance, name, and more likely than not an occupation. These Loopers are not aware of this phenomenon until after they have met however, which can possibly lead to some strange moments if one Looper manages to enter a Fused Loop with each Twin separately before the Twins share a Loop themselves.
Looping Twins comes about when an Admin for a local branch cannot or chooses not to prioritize one timeline of a story branch over another, instead making both histories into distinct Loops that have a high probably of Fusing. If the Admin gives a reason for this decision, which is itself unlikely, the most common reply was that the choice was to prevent Dissassociative Loop Identity Disorder (DLID).
Due to the most prolific and well known instance of this phenomenon, many Loopers refer to this as "Spyro Syndrome" despite the fact that is not actually a mental or medical condition, much to the dragons' dismay.
It is also sometimes confused with the Mikasa Glitch.
- The Spyros: Legend and Classic
- Classic and Legend Sparks
- Terry Jones: Magnus Kyros & Final Dreamer
- Vert Wheeler: Acceleracers and Battle Force Five
- Taichi "Tai" Yagami (Digimon V-Tamer) & Taichi "Tai" Yagami/Kamiya (Digimon Adventure, 02, 03)
- Thunder Cats: Advance and Classic loopers, Lion-O, Tygra, Jaga, Cheetara, WilyKit, WilyKat, Panthro, Snarf, have twins of nearly all of themselves except for Pumyra