|Universe||Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Red and Blue Rescue Team|
|Special Abilities|| Water manipulation
Squirtle is the one of the Anchors of Pokémon Mystery Dungeon. He is in charge of the Red and Blue Rescue Team Loop. Squirtle was once a human being who came to the Mystery Dungeon world to help save it from disaster. During the course of this, Squirtle became the Leader of Team Go-Getters. As he crossed worlds, he asked that he not have his memories from his human life—and to stay in the Mystery Dungeon world, he had to give up any chance of recovering them.
Personality and AbilitiesEdit
Squirtle's personality often depends on whether or not he's on a job. During his free time, Squirtle is carefree and mischievous. However, on the job, he shows his skills as a leader and a Rescue Team member.
- Genius-level intellect: Though his common sense might occasionally be lacking, Squirtle has an IQ of over 999.
- IQ Skills: Squirtle can utilize any IQ skill available to Rescue Team members. Among other things, this allows him to travel through any Mystery Dungeon that he encounters without worrying about the environment.
- Involuntary Transformation: On occasion, Squirtle's damaged code can cause him to change species and gender mid-loop without him even noticing. The effect isn't painful or permanent, though it can be annoying.
Relationships with other LoopersEdit
- Charmander (Mystery Dungeon): Charmander is Squirtle's partner throughout his entire adventure. Charmander, far more reserved, is often the foil to Squirtle's more energetic enthusiasm. This also means that Charmander is often dragged into whatever Squirtle has currently gotten himself into.
- Chikorita (Mystery Dungeon): The third member of Team Go-Getters, and one of the few early Mystery Dungeon Loopers whose species and gender is stable. Chickorita is good friends with both Squirtle and Charmander, and often has to reign them in when Squirtle's plans have gone a bit too far.
- Loopers from other Mystery Dungeon Loops: Due to Mystery Dungeon's status as a set of Linked Loops, Mystery Dungeon Loopers have a higher probability of crossing over with each other than normal.
- Pikachu (Pokémon Anime) and Ash: Pikachu and Ash explained the Time Loops and the Multiverse to Squirtle and Charmander during their first Fused Loop and Charmander's first Loop Period. Because of this Squirtle has a good disposition to them.